Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finding Peace

This week was a busy one!! I worked on my newsletter which I handed out today and also prepared my talk. My topic was "Finding Peace in a Troubled World". I talked about Chelsa breaking her collar bone and how we were surrounded by friends and family who helped us that day. Those people were agents for God that day and were answers to my prayers. I said that when we recogize the Lord in our life we will feel peace. I also told the story of how Chelsa was shocked to see everyone at the Halloween party because we were all dressed up. But once she knew it was us she felt much more at ease. I compared that to the gospel. When we are familar with the Gospel we will find comfort and peace. I used this quote from Pres. Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey" - "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." I said that quote brings me peace knowing that one day I will miss this!! Thanks to those who helped me with ideas for this talk!! I hope everyone had a great Sunday.

No comments: