Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Cardston Parade

We just had a fun weekend in Cardston! On Saturday, August 8th, was the Cardston Parade. Jeff's Grandpa was the Parade Marshall. He rode on horseback right in the front to start things off. It was pretty cool to see him! We all cheered for him as he rode by. The kids loved the parade - probably because they came home with a bag full of candy each! We might have to make this a tradition! Jeff's parents came from Utah and it was fun to see them. We had a great time visiting with family from the Malmberg side and the Romeril side. Brittney (Jeff's sister) was also in Cardston that day visiting family on her husbands side so we were able to see her. It was great to visit and see her daughter Rachel. In the evening we watched the fireworks from Uncle Brent's backyard. We stayed at Jeff's grandparents house - thanks for having us (we are a big group)! My kids loved your house. They still are talking about it! On Sunday, we went to church in Cardston then headed back home. Melanie and Clark joined us later in the evening.

Grandpa Malmberg as the Parade Marshall

Visiting Grandpa Romeril

7 comments:

Brittney said...

It was great to see you guys too! We miss you. Your kids are such sweet hearts.

Cammie said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to go up and see you guys too! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Melanie and Curtis said...

What a special time..especially with the Grandpa's..it's so great that you recorded it with pictures. Cardston parades were so fun when we lived there! Love you guys..and I agree with Brittney that your kids are truly such sweethearts..love them all!

Kelltie said...

I'm jealous! I'll admit it! I wish that I was there to see you guys and have fun at the parade!!! I'm glad you guys had a great time though!

Hasslers said...

What a fun thing to do as a family - loved seeing the temple on the parade route too! Those small town parades are so fun because of all the candy! That's great that you got to see so much family and spend some fun time together. Love your children, I am glad they had such a good time!

Sheers said...

That's a great picture of your kids and their grandparents! And I'll agree with everyone else - they are sweet hearts. I love them and love that I get to see them on a regular basis! :)

Unknown said...

Awwwww, that so cool that Jeff's Grandpa was the marshall! It was so fun to see you guys there! Small world, eh? :)