We are pleased to inform you that you have been invited to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for special mid-term classes in honor of Head Girl Chloe's 8th Birthday.... This is how Chloe's invitation started out for her friends birthday party. Last month at Enrichment we had a service auction. And I happened to win the service of having Marisa help me with a birthday party. She is amazing - she put these invitations together, the cupcakes, crafts, games, ideas for decorations, sewed capes for all the girls, and did all the loot bags with flower head bands that she made. It seriously was the best birthday party ever!! I had a blast!! I decorated pretty much the whole house. In the basement was the dungeon where they had potions class. In my TV room we had Defend againt the Dark arts - where we made wands to defend ourselves. I taught them some spells. We had a treasure hunt for the Care of Magical Creatures. They had to find dragon eggs, worms, lizards, bugs. Oh and throughout the house Jeff had Hogwart's music playing. Up in the kitchen I had the great hall where we had a feast. It was seriously a magical evening. I dressed up as Professor Mcgonagall. Also at the front door they had to give me a passward to come through station 9 and 3/4 to get into hogwarts. I wanted to make turning 8 a magical one. Here are some pictures:


7 comments:
Looks like they had a blast!That is why I love doing parties for the fun and excitement they have on their faces. It is so worth it. You can do these parties at home and not have to break the bank.LOVE all the decor you added Jenny!! Awesome
Owen is set on a Harry Potter party for his ninth birthday--which just happens to be the day after the final movie is released. :)
What an amazing party!!! I wish I could have been a little 8 year old there. Chloe will always remember that! Good job on the decorations too! Fun fun!
BEST PARTY EVER!!!!!!Jealous I wasn't there!!!I'm bumbed that I am not going to see the premier of the Harry Potter movie tonight, maybe I'll come over and hang out in your dungeon and make some potions. I need a little less of the excitability formula and a little more of the sleeping potion for my girls. Can't wait for Chloe's baptism tomorrow!!!
AHHHHHH! i would have given anything to have a birhday party like that!!!! that is such a cute thing u did, ideal party for me to! must have been so fun for Chloe! when i had my harry potter party, it wasn't a friend one, but.... anyways, it looked so awesome, and i totally wish i could have attended!
-jenna
What a fabulous party! So much fun for Chloe and her friends, you thought of so many details, Jenny! I knew Jenna would be envious, my addict to all things Harry Potter. What a cool thing to win at an auction, you and Marisa make a good team. Chloe sure is growing up, she is such a cute girl, I loved seeing her a couple of weeks ago!
What fun! Now I totally want to have a Harry Potter party! I just finished reading book 7 this weekend in anticipation for the movie, haven't seen it yet! Chloe looks sooooooo grown up! Happy Birthday Chloe!
Post a Comment