Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Magic of December...

Even though the month of December is busy and crazy at times, I love it. I love the anticipation and build up for Christmas. I love the lights, food, music, parties, concerts and the feeling. From a kids point of view the wait for Christmas day if forever, it somehow changes when you are grown up. I appreciate all the events and fun before Christmas. I enjoyed going to the Nativity and watching my kids expression. Jensen was just enthralled with the angels and kept putting his hands in the air saying angels fun. One of my favorite days before Christmas, is Christmas Eve. We have a program every year at my parents’ house and I just love it. There is something so special when children act out the nativity. The spirit there was so strong and I felt so blessed to have this knowledge of the Saviors birth. Another evening, that is my favourite, is the 23rd where we do our traditional fondue and sleeping under the tree. I love spending time with my family and creating these memories. We also celebrated Jeff’s birthday in December. He was pretty excited to get some new Green Lantern shirts and of course movies and treats! We went to Tron the movie that night and enjoyed the time together. The movie was pretty good as well.
It was pretty sad for me to take down the decorations and put them away for another year. But at least we have all those good memories and good feelings that will be treasured.

Jensen wasn't so sure about Santa

Jeff's Birthday

Dec. 23 - Fondue/sleeping under the tree



New Pjs

Christmas Eve

Chelsa was an angel and was so excited

Chloe, Logan and Jensen were the three wise men. Jeff helped them make the crowns - good job hun!

Little Channing as baby Jesus.

Boy pile up

I love this picture. Chelsa just loves Josh

We love you Grandpa!



What cute nieces I have!

Christmas morning. I loved all the reactions. Chelsa was hilarious. She would say "Oh thank-you, thank-you, thank-you" - while jumping up and down.

5 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

What a fun Christmas for your family. I love the pictures of the nativity. The crown were great. Jensen is one perfect wiseman in it! Oh, and I love your 23rd tradition with fondue and sleeping near the tree. What a fun fun thing. Love you guys!

[Insert Clever Blog name here] said...

Looks like the best Christmas celebrations ever... I think I`m going to copy your idea of fondue and sleeping under the tree, it looks so cute!!

Gilly said...

WHAT TERRIFIC PICTURES!!!!!Jenny, you do Christmas so well, your kids are super lucky. What a pretty Angel Chelsa makes. I love that you felt the spirit during the nativity - ours is always a little too rowdy.

Megan said...

Yay, what great Christmas pictures! It's so fun to see you all, we miss you guys! Gavin's always saying he wants to move back by his friend Logan!

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I agree about loving the month before Christmas, there's so much to do and so many activities to enjoy, the actual holidays always come too soon. And then they're over too soon too! Thanks for sharing! (And share some fun birthday pictures coming up too!) :)

Hasslers said...

What a fun tradition you do on the 23rd, Jenny, I am sure your kids just love it! I enjoyed the pictures so that I can picture it in my mind. The picture of Jensen getting away from Santa is classic - it's like he's saying "who in the heck is this weird guy with white hair eveywhere?" I can see how Santa can be a little intimidating to toddlers! Just love Christmas Eve, such a special time of the year.