Monday, February 21, 2011

January Catch-up

I like the month of January, because it is my birthday month! I do feel a bit sad after the holidays and having my kids go back to school but I always have something to look forward to.

On the 11th Chelsa was able to see a specialist for her tonsils and was told that they needed to come out. So the appointment for surgery was made for Feb. 17th. I was glad to hear that this would be done, but felt very worried at the same time. She is the youngest of my kids to get this done. Chloe was 4 and Logan was 5. She just seems so little still. But I know the results are a good one and felt blessed that this was a go head. The date Feb. 17 just happens to be teachers convention - so my kids will be out of school. So I know the Lord's hand was in this.

January 21 was our Stake RS Meeting "Choose the Light". I always enjoy these evenings. The gym was decorated so nicely and it was great not to cook! I really enjoyed the two classes that I attended. Martha did a great job helping to put that evening together!

Janurary 22 Jeff took me out for dinner at Olive Garden for my birthday -mmmmmmm...drool... I ate so much that is felt like I was going to explode. What a fun evening to hang out and be together.

January 23 My birthday!! I felt so honored. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and phone calls. Jeff took care of the kids and food for me all day. It was so lovely not to worry about cooking!! What a great day.

I then was taken out three more times for my birthday by friends and family. Wow I was spoiled!! I think I gained some extra pounds!! What a fun month. Thanks again to everyone!

I truly did feel special!! January was a great month!
Opening some of my gifts. I think Chelsa is pretty excited about those pringles!

5 comments:

Gilly said...

Good for you for putting a blog post up! We are praying that Chelsa recovers quickly.Eve asked me if she had tonsils, and she got really mad when I told her she did. She wan't to be just like Chelsa and not have them.

Melanie and Curtis said...

Your little ones are so cute. Chelsa giving you your chips is precious! We're praying for Chelsa's quick recovery. It's a good thing she has a professional mom who knows all about getting tonsils out!

Megan said...

It sounds like a good month! I hope Chelsa's doing well these days. I love the picture of the Pringles, did you share? :) Love ya!

Woodwards said...

Glad that Chelsa was able to get her tonsils out. Poor little thing, but good in the long run. Give her a hug from us! And all the rest of your kids! So fun to see you on Saturday. You looked awesomely cute, as usual!

Hasslers said...

Sweet little Chelsa! You feel so bad for them as they are recovering, with the knowledge that it will be better in the end! I hope she is doing well now. Looks like your birthday was alot of fun, how cute that Chelsa was so enthused about the pringles! Wish I could have been there to do something special for you! Sure love you Jenny! Sounds like the RS evening was a good one, I would love to come to those!