Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Weekend

I felt so bad for Chloe on Wednesday, Feb. 11th because she got pink eye along with her croupy cough. She stayed home from school and missed celebrating Valentine's Day with her class. My good friend picked up her Valentines and she was able to see them that evening. Then one by one all my kids got sick with fevers, coughs and yes the dreaded pink eye (Jensen was the only one that didn't get pink eye). We all ended up staying home this weekend taking it easy and trying to get better. I had an assembly line of medicine, eye drops and putting vapor vicks on everybody’s feet. Saturday we still gave the kids valentines treats but were saved for later. The kids and I heart attacked the room downstairs for Jeff. We wrote on all the hearts reasons why we love him. Saturday night, Mom came over to babysit for us (thanks so much) and we went to the movie "Taken". I sure was on the edge of my seat. It was so nice to get out!! I made Jeff his favouirte dessert and we ate that after the movie. It was a fun day even though all the kids were sick. Sunday just Chloe and I went to Church. Jeff started feeling sick and took a bit of a nap. Family Day Jeff worked and I stayed home with all the sickies!! Jensen and Chelsa are still not feeling well today and I'm taking Jensen to the doctor. He is wheezing a bit and it feels like the cough is in his lungs - poor guy.


6 comments:

Brittney said...

In spite of it all, it sounds like a great Valentine's Day. I hope everyone gets feeling better!

Gilly said...

What a great wife you are. I bet Jeff loved the heart attack. I sure hope everyone feels better soon. I love that you are still so positive when things are hard and I am super glad that you still got to go out. That is so great.

Kelltie said...

I am so sorry that you all have been not feeling well! I hope you all get better right away! I'm glad you were still able to have a nice Valentine's Day!

Melanie and Curtis said...

What a cute idea to heart attack the room for Jeff. He really is a great guy as all of you are!! Happy belated Valentine's! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. Winter is such a challenge with the germs..ahhhh..way to hang in there Jenny!

Hasslers said...

Sorry you guys are all sick - poor kiddios! I like your heart attack idea - I bet Jeff loved that! It's always fun to get out too - just the two of you!

Megan said...

I hope everyone's feeling a bit better today! The heart attack looks awesome, how fun, we'll have to do that some time. It sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day, you are amazing to do all that even with 4 sick kids! :)