Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stake Conference

What a great uplifting weekend. I always enjoy Stake Conference and being spiritually feed. And of course listening to Dad! Saturday night was the adult session and Josh came over here to baby sit. The kids love when Josh comes over - they always have a blast. Thanks Josh for babysitting!! The adult session was focused on the "One". The stake has asked all the presidencies in the stake to pray for one person to bring closer to Christ (reactivate). Bishop Thompson (my Bishop) along with a man in our ward was the first speakers. This man has been through a lot in his life with depression and fell away from the church. Both he and the Bishop talked about his reactivation back into the church and his first time he had been to the temple in a long time. It was quite a touching story. Sister Mysyk was the next to speak with a sister who's husband wasn't a member and because of that hadn't been to church in a long time. The Stake RS Presidency has been praying for her and visited to her. She was up there with her husband in the audience sharing her experience of being reactivated. My ward sang the song “One by One” with Mom in the choir. I just love that song and it sounded so beautiful. Then it continued on. Dad was the last speaker and talked about how we can ask God for help in our prayers. It was excellent. He used so many great examples. He talked about the experience of Corbin going on the train and then how he just lost it four stops before his stop and how Chelsea had prayed for patience. Dad has such a great way with his words and makes you feel hopeful and uplifted. Sunday morning he also did a great job. He talked about criticism. We need to support out leaders and not criticize. The Sundance Primary – the Carter’s ward sang and did a great job. After they sang they handed out CD’s to all the sisters in the stake (for Mother’s Day), called “Behold Your Little Ones”. On the CD they recorded two songs from each ward’s primary. Our ward sang “How Firm a Foundation” and “My Eternal Family”. They did such a great job. What a great day. I felt honored as a Mom and was spiritually uplifted!

5 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Oh, how wonderful. I love to be spiritually fed. There is nothing like that..listening to our dad's genuine words. So great. I just love you stake and the things that they do..just amazing!

Megan said...

That sounds like such great meetings! I'm sorry we had to miss it, your dad is always excellent to listen to!

Sheers said...

Stake conference was great! I think dad's talk on Saturday night was my favorite. He always leaves me feeling motivated to be better in an uplifting way.

Hasslers said...

I would love to teleport myself to stake conference! Dad is such a wonderful speaker - dynamic and uplifting, can't wait to hear him in the summer. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Kristin said...

I love stake conferences, wish I could have heard your dad's talk. He is a memorable guy. One time I heard him speak a lot about hippos. I'm glad you liked your conference...I mean, eye'm glad!
Kristin Young