Thursday, May 28, 2009

Asthma and Allergies

When Logan was about two he had a really bad bronchial infection in his lungs and could hardly breathe. He was taken to the hospital and stayed for about two days. They had him on a mask with oxygen and other medicines. He has been pretty good since then. Recently he got a cold and was wheezing and having a hard time breathing. I took him to the doctor and he was prescribed a new puffer and a recommendation that we get him tested for asthma and allergies. Yesterday he got tested and he is allergic to dogs, horse, mice, and the mold outside. This triggers his asthma which makes it hard for him to breath. They prescribed him some new puffers and will be seeing him again soon. I feel so sorry for the little guy. He was such a trooper yesterday getting poked on his forearms. I'm glad that we know now what he is allergic to.

5 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Oh, poor Logan! I had no idea. I guess it is good that you guys aren't animal lovers..makes it easier! So do you think his asthma was triggered by dogs or mold? Interesting..and yes he is such a trooper..he's Superman right?! I can just picture him putting his little arm up and marching forward to the theme song of Superman. I LOVED that moment! What a great guy!

Melanie said...

Sorry, it's in the genes! I am sure Jeff has told you. What a good little guy.

Kelltie said...

Asthma stinks. I'm so sorry for poor little Logan! Good thing he is a tough guy!

Sheers said...

Poor guy! His arms are really marked up! Good thing he's allergic to dogs because now you don't have to get one right? ; ) Is Jeff allergic to those things too? I thought his was mostly foods. I'm glad you figured it out.

Hasslers said...

Aww, Logan, feeling for you buddy! What a good little boy! I am glad you guys got that figured out, so his little puffer can help him out! I guess the little positive thing about this is that now you won't ever have to get a dog - sorry Jeff! Can't wait to see him in the summer, he is such a sweet little guy!